The Defense and Security Division (DSD) is part of the Peace and Security Department within the African Union Commission.
The DSD is responsible for addressing long term cross–cutting security issues and developing strategies for the Common African Defense and Security Policy (CADSP) and the Post Conflict Reconstruction and Development Policy (PCRD) including in the areas of:
- - Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW)
- - Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Non- Proliferation
- - Counter- Terrorism (CT)
- - Landmines/ Mine Action
- - Security Sector Reform (SSR)
- - Disarmament Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR)